Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Reading ... Summer Reading!
I've joined the other ladies committing to
a summer read!

So from June to August I am going to
attempt to read atleast 12 books ...

A couple of them? I want to listen to on my
NEW iPOD my family gave me for Mother's Day!
I've already downloaded The Gift of the Maji
and the first chapters of Pride and Prejudice!

I'm not sure yet what my list will include. But,
I'm thinking I would like to FINISH some books
I've started and as I go along I'll make a list!

The information is over at Amanda's if you would
like to join up! And she's some lovely buttons, too!
Check mine out!

Pretty, huh?

Makes me WANT to read!!!
How 'bout YOU???

Oh. Gee. This is my June 13, 2006 Update.
What have I read so far?
the Book of Job -

that's it.
I can't seem to put my mind around any other books.
I comitted to reading the Bible through 2 years ago -
this is my 3rd year reading the entire compilation.
I keep thinking - "If I've only time to read one book? THIS should
be THE ONE that I finish."

Gads. I so should be using my 'Pod for reading while I knit.
Or maybe even while I'm out with my dog walking in the morning?

I could use some encouragement - I just feel so alone.
I attempt to connect via internet. And even in my day-to-day life ...
But. I'm just alone. Even if I do read a whole book?
There's on one I know to share it with.

Whine. Whine. Whine.
"Somebody call the WAHbulance!!!"
*Big cheesey grin here*

that's all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Heatherly said...

i signed up for that too!

3:11 PM  
Blogger RANDI said...

Hi there,

Congratulations on your daughter's graduation this weekend! God is so good to allow us to educate our kids!

I always wish I had more reading time--I may have to sign up for the challenge too. I would love to read 3 books per month--right now i am only getting through 1 per month.

Nice meeting you, I will be back to visit you soon!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Tricotine said...

What a cute little hat, Betty! :)

2:53 PM  
Blogger Tricotine said...

I was too late for joining Summer Reading Challenge 2006... But I bought myself few books recently and I plan to make some time for reading again... It might take longer that the summer though...

HAPPY READING!!! :)

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home