Thursday, March 09, 2006

I just need to say this.
Somewhere.
And here is where I chose.

I am not a grand knitter.
I've been knitting near all my life.
Yet?
I still can't follow a pattern.
I feel overwhelmed.
Anxious.
Rebellious even.

I can knit socks.
But, I don't knit fancy socks.
I knit plain cuff.
Slip stitch heel.
Knit to the toe and then kitchner.

Here's my personal theory ....
If you use great yarn?
You don't have to knit complicated patterns!

Why don't I knit sweaters?
Because I am a large woman.
I live in the South.
When I wear a sweater?
I feel like a bear.
An overheated bear.

I love the simplicity of just knitting.
Garter stitch.
Just garter is simple and lovely and
calming.
For a change? I knit stockinette.

Simple.
Just knit. Knit and swing and smile and
love the feel of the wool. Of the needles.
Of the accomplishment of just ...

just knitting.

that's all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I think you are a wonderful knitter. I've been crocheting for a very long time and patterns intimidate me!!

BTW, the knitting graphic on my blog? I didn't make it, it's an "adoption" they call it.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Heatherly said...

hi! i like the bear in the sweater! sounds like my mama. she barely has a coat, never wears shoes.. bear footed ;-)

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home