Friday, March 03, 2006

I am so disappointed.
The sew-along was closed. :o(
I'm still gonna make the skirts -
but, some of the fun is gone.

But, hey! Sewing for my girls?
THAT is always a pleasure!

And let me tell you.
Have you ever heard the expression "Thread Bare"?
Well, my favorite skirt is that.
It has holes in it where the fabric 'folds' at the elastic
waistband!

I bought the fabric for this skirt at a yard sale for $1.00.
It was 4 yards of linen. The first year I wore it, it was stiff.
After the 2nd and 3rd year it started to flow.
By year 4?
It was SOFT. All the scratch linen-y feel was gone.
By year 5? I thought I would die it a darker brown.
Year 6 it faded.
Year 7? The holes started coming.

I am having a TERRRIBLE time giving it up. But, I will.
Eventually I WILL get my new skirt made. After Molly's.
I know.

I'm tired. Stressed. Disappointed.

But, I'm knitting a baby boy sweater! That makes me
feel useful! :o)

The girls have gone to a coffee/concert with their Dad.
He didn't even hesitate. Their friends and their sister all let 'em down. He just stepped right up and took 'em! He's good
like that. And I'm grateful.

yea. that.
Grateful.

the end.

2 Comments:

Blogger Allena said...

sorry you couldn't join. i think your skirt is going to look great. sounds like you need to find a way to make a new fave skirt!
maybe you could take the old one and used what's left for a purse or something else so that you still have it. maybe a knitting bag... not sure if that will work but it's worth a try!

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Secret Pal said...

I am so sorry that the sew along was closed... but I am sure you will still have fun making stuff for your girls! :)

What a great Daddy they have!!!

Your Secret Pal :)

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home